Is your conflict out of control? Are you having the same argument over and over again? Does it feel like the passion is slipping away? Do you feel disconnected and or disengaged?
Couple Counseling can help!
I work with all couples, whether you are gay or straight, married or unmarried, together for decades, newly connecting, with or without children, or in a blended family.
When working with couples I am respectful and collaborative. I will work hard to understand you and your relationship. I will give you clear feedback about your strengths and challenges. I will help you develop relationship skills, a relationship philosphy, and an awareness of your automatic habits that get in the way of connection.
Typical issues that couple counseling can help you with:
- Poor communication that leads to escalated conflict, avoidance, or both
- Unresolved and poorly managed conflict
- Having a passionless relationship
- Dealing with anger
- Conflict about child-rearing
- Sex or sexuality
- Blended families
- Premarital or preventative couples counseling. This is for newer couples who are devoted to each other and wish to either stop bad habits before they cause damage and/or learn skills to deal well with differences and the ups and downs of long term commitment
What couples can achieve in couple counseling:
- The delicate art of balancing your needs for autonomy and connection
- Improved communication - feeling heard, understood, and staying close
- Differences become the spice that keeps your relationship vibrant & healthy
- Have - and meet! - higher expectations of your relationship
- Develop rituals of closeness & connection
- Avoid the most common and corrosive relationship habits
- Secure long term satisfaction in your relationship
- When feeling hurt, the refractory period shortens, meaning less time fighting and more time being friends
Whether you have been together 2 months or 20 years, calling me might be the first step toward a closer, more fulfilling, and beautiful relationship